Overall an EXCELLENT choice, not perfect
1. Pre-arrival the concierge corresponded by email, so we had dinner reservations at some places I chose and some he chose that corresponded with my parameters. He helped with other requests as well (including for a tattoo parlor).
2. The hotel accommodated an early arrival (we had emailed ahead of time).
3. Location is good for Metro access and sightseeing.
4. Hotel staff is largely bilingual (French and English) although the degree of English varies, it oresented no oroblem.
5. A little more housekeeping attentiveness is needed. The papers in the tray by the elevator that remained for three days and the failure to take the dirty plates from our room and to empty the garbage were negatives. The hotel is clean, but this along with one doorman/desk person’s unhelpfulness made an otherwise perfect stay slightly amiss. The unhelpfulness was “Where can we get a late night (11pm) snack nearby?” Answer: “Go this way” while pointing to the keft. When asked for a soecific place, he said, “This way.”
6. Monsieur Restaurant is FANTASTIC. I urge you to try the five courses tasting menu for a food delight. As for breakfast, the orice is crazy, so get it included in your room rate for savings on an excellent cold buffet with hot food from the kitchen brought to order. The fresh squeezed OJ is delicious.
7. The hotel is EUROPEAN style. Room keys are metal and customarily returned to the desk when going out of the hotel. Rooms are smaller than you will see in American business hotels. The furnishings are beautiful.
All in all, I was very happy. The price is not for paupers or the budget conscious. And, the value they deliver is worth the price.
Because of the hotel’s intimate size, the staff remembers us and the plans we shared. Then, at the end if the day or the next morning, they inquire, “Did you enjoy Notre Dame towers?” Etc.