I don't understand all the gr8 reviews and I do regret my stay there: I had an awesome time in Paris, but my choice of hotel was disappointing.
Several things really went wrong:
1. Upon my arrival I was told I would get a welcome drink (and I didn't ask for anything...): they kept me waiting, and nothing came up (lol)
2. I was told I was upgraded, but this was a lie, I only had the deluxe room ,the one I basically booked and paid for
3. When I checked in my room, a very talkative lady (and I told her I was tired, after flying 7 hours and spending 5 hours shopping with my friend) showed me around my room and she mentioned that some item were missing (foie gras and some other things): she promised it will be refilled the following day. I am still waiting for it....
4. I could hear the cars on the adjacent busy road
5. I found a dirty towel placed in my bathroom: it was full of foundation, disgusting
6. Water was not provided on a daily basis 9I had to buy my own)
7. Gym is so tiny....
8. I opened a box of cake and it was half empty (another lol)
9. Some of the staff were friendly but few could look at you when you were passing by and not even say hi
Anyhow, this is not a 5 star hotel. Last year I stayed at Fouquet hotel and it was perfect: next year I will go back to Barriere Fouquet to avoid another bad surprise!!
The only good point for this Fauchon hotel is location and the macarons (that I didn t find in my room by the way): but not sure it s worth paying $550 a night just for macarons...
I know I am quiet exigent as I am very blessed to be able to live in a great flat and I have also stayed in amazing hotels around the world so my expectation level is really high. And unfortunately Fauchon doesn't make the cut.