Mixed feelings about this hotel
I made a trip to Europe, starting in London, then Brussels, then to Amsterdam. I stayed in boutique hotels in all 3 cities. This was the most expensive and my least favorite.
Here is what I liked about the hotel:
1) fabulous location - right on the edge of Grand Place
2) service was excellent from check-in to doorman to waiter
3) nice size room relative to most European hotels
4) 2 bottles of water left in the room were complimentary
Here is what I disliked about the hotel:
1) no coffee or tea in my room - not any in the lobby either - I had to order it for 6€!
2) hair dryer was heavy & attached to the wall - cord was not long enough & I had to hold the button down the entire time while drying my hair
3) no chardonnay on bar menu - the glass of "house" white wine was 15€
4) the rooms were uninteresting - no beautiful fabrics, wallpapers, art, etc. - it had a "modern" feel - very cold
5) my luggage rack was broken
If I go back to Brussels, I will not stay at this hotel again. I could have stayed at other nice hotels close to the Grand Place that were much less expensive and I have a feeling, I would have coffee & tea in my room and that a glass of wine would cost less than 15€!